1. What is happening on Monday 15 February?
All students Year 7 to 12 will be required to stay home. There are no classes as it is a planning day for staff to plan for remote learning. All Catholic schools in Sandhurst Diocese are pupil free (not including those required to attend from essential service families)
2. What do I do if my child needs to attend CCW as I am an essential worker?
Please complete the following link to register your child’s attendance. ONSITE SUPERVISION REGISTER
On Monday these students will have various activities to keep them entertained. On Tuesday – Wednesday these students will follow the same timetable as every other student.
Please ensure they bring:
● Drink bottle
Children attending CCW due to being a part of an essential worker family, will need to report to the front office on arrival.
ALL STUDENTS MUST WEAR MASKS both indoors and outdoors.
The Canteen will NOT be in operation.
3. Can children of essential workers leave CCW during the school day?
Children onsite are unable to leave the site during the day. Students must enter the site via Bowman Court ONLY (all other access points will be locked). Students and families are asked NOT to congregate at the gates before or after school.
4. What is happening on Tuesday 16 February & Wednesday 17 February?
All students Year 7 – 12 will be required to stay home.
YEAR 7 STUDENTS
Due to our Year 7’s having no known experience with Zoom the College has decided to lessen the impact and provide their learning via email only. Year 7 Students can expect to receive an email from The Director of Learning, Mrs Sam Russell, with work required to be completed by Thursday morning. Year 7 students will not be expected on Zoom for LM or any classes Tuesday or Wednesday.
YEAR 8 – 12 STUDENTS
All students Year 8 – 12 will be required to follow the remote learning timetable via Zoom. This includes Learning Mentor. Link to REMOTE LEARNING TIMETABLE.
5. What does the timetable look like for my child?
Students will follow their normal timetable for each day. The times of each period have been adjusted slightly. The roll will be marked each day in LM and every period.
6. Who do I speak to if my child can’t access remote learning or struggling with the allocated work?
If your son/daughter encounters any difficulties, please contact their classroom teacher or Learning Mentor by email.
7. How will I know what work my child needs to complete?
Your child’s teacher will email the work they are required to complete.
8. What do I do if my child’s laptop needs repairing or we are having technical issues?
If your child/ren is having technical issues or laptop repairs are required, please email ICT Dept: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Where do I find the latest communications from College?
Families are encouraged to download the SIMON Everywhere App which gives you access to PAM on your smartphone.
The latest communications from the College and Remote Learning documentation can be found on SIMON & PAM Daily Notices (as well as the Parent Information folder in PAM).
10. Can my child still catch the bus to/from school?
School buses will be running as normal for the period of Remote Learning.
11. Will my child be supervised if they have been nominated to attend school?
Students onsite will be supervised in the Mercy Centre by College staff. Students are to report to the front office upon arrival. The learning program delivered onsite will be the same as the learning program delivered to students undertaking remote learning.
If you have indicated that your child/ren will be attending school and they are unwell, they are to remain at home.
12. Is the Swimming Carnival still going ahead on Wednesday?
No, the swimming carnival has been postponed to another date to be confirmed.
13. Are the school photos still going ahead on Thursday 18 February?
Yes, at this stage these will still be going ahead. If further restrictions are put in place we will communicate this change as soon as possible.
14. Will the VCE Information evening still go ahead?
The VCE Information evening will be a pre-recorded session and sent to families as soon as possible. There will be no live webinar as previously advertised.Back to News