College Bus Driver
Catholic College Wodonga are looking for a suitably qualified School Bus Driver to join our team. As a School Bus Driver, you will be responsible for transporting students to and from school following a scheduled route and daytime extracurricular activities. Your priority will be ensuring the safety of all passengers.
Reporting to the School Facilities Manager your duties will include aspects of the care and maintenance of the bus, ensuring the bus is in good working condition, observing safety and traffic rules during the journey, and maintaining order and discipline among students on the bus.
Additionally, you will need to communicate effectively with students, parents, and school staff, providing excellent customer service and alerting the relevant people of any concerns or issues that may arise. Overall, your role as a School Bus Driver is crucial in providing safe and reliable transportation for students, contributing to their educational experience.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA: QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current (or ability to gain) Working with Children Check.
- National Police Check
- Current Medium Rigid driver’s license (minimum)
- Clean driving record with no at-fault accidents or traffic citations within the last five years
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Bus Driver Accreditation
- Proven work experience as a School Bus Driver or similar role.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Calm and measured in all situations.
- Warm, positive, approachable, and respectful demeanour.
- Focused on solving problems and discerning the best solutions to meet the needs of the individual and the College in general.
- Reliable, truthful, sincere, and confidential.
- Ability to work to a schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete a cover letter highlighting the key selection criteria. Attach your resume and a completed Application for Employment and email all documents to email@example.com
Applications close: Wednesday, 6 March 12pm
For more information, please contact David Worrall on 02 6043 5504.
This salary is in accordance with a School Services Officer, Category B – Level 3 under the Catholic Education Multi Enterprise Agreement 2022, or as varied from time to time.
This school community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all Young People.